This Privacy Notice relates to the Transmaster Ltd website accessible at www.transmaster.co.uk which is owned by and operated by Transmaster Ltd, Dundee Lane, Ramsbottom, Lancashire BL0 9HF. Company Registration No 06562206.
Transmaster Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Transmaster also has obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and any subsequent replacement legislation (“the Act”) regarding the collection, use and storage of personal information relating to individuals which Transmaster receives via the website. Transmaster provides this Privacy Notice to inform you of our policy and practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. Transmaster ensures that any data about individuals received via the website will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Act and this notice.
By visiting www.transmaster.co.uk or my.fleetcheck.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us as a Transmaster client may include your name, address, e-mail address, fax number and phone number, user IDs and passwords. For this information Transmaster are the data controller.
Additionally, you may provide multiple vehicle and driver related data, contact preferences and other similar information within the service, for this data Transmaster are the data processor and you, the client, are the data controller.
We use your data to respond to your enquiries about our services (the lawful basis for this is “Legitimate Interest”) and to provide our services to you (the lawful basis for this is “Contract”).
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services;
• Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
• Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
Transmaster also uses third party plug-ins which may add additional cookies to the website. This includes Google Analytics for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
Information you give us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have given us permission to do so or where you have not indicated that you do not want us to use your data in this way;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you where you have given us permission to do so. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by -e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Transmaster Ltd processes your and your drivers’ personal data in order to organise, administer and run an online software programme which is accessible via the website. More specifically, Transmaster Ltd uses your information to communicate with you via e-mail, phone, and fax regarding your Transmaster online account;
- Transmaster Ltd may also use your personal data to gain a better understanding regarding who uses Transmaster Ltd website and how they use it, including the web pages they access so as to be able to improve the website;
- Transmaster Ltd may also from time to time use your personal data to inform you of other services and benefits Transmaster Ltd may offer where you have given us permission to do so;
- Occasionally, Transmaster Ltd may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding Transmaster Ltd’s products and services.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Transmaster Ltd does not collect extra information about its visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations. If Transmaster Ltd wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, other than for which it was originally supplied, Transmaster Ltd will ask you first. Transmaster Ltd takes seriously the trust you place in us.
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties supplying back-office services;
- Selected third parties supplying licence checking or telematics services, if you have selected to use these services;
- We may on occasions suggest to you selected third party providers that may be of interest to you offering a service which enhances the Transmaster software but we will not share your data with third-party providers without your consent;
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third-party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, in which event we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights under this Privacy Notice continue to be protected;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Transmaster, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- We may also share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
The information that we collect from and about you will be stored within systems located within the European Economic Area and therefore subject to equivalent data protection rules and safeguards. We will not store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You and your drivers have rights in relation to your personal data held by Transmaster Ltd, including a right to have it modified and to request access to it. For any enquiry or concern about your personal data, or to request access to your personal data please contact Transmaster Ltd at privacy@Transmaster.co.uk or at the following address:
Transmaster Ltd, 206 Dundee Lane , Ramsbottom, Lancashire BL0 9HF
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it has been disclosed to;
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
From 25 May 2018, you may also have the right for your personal data to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances. This is known as the right to data portability. To make a data portability request please contact Transmaster Ltd at privacy@Transmaster.co.uk.
It is in Transmaster Ltd’s and your interest that Transmaster Ltd holds accurate data about you and your drivers. If you believe the personal data Transmaster Ltd holds is inaccurate in any way please contact us at privacy@Transmaster.co.uk
Deletion of Data
From 25 May 2018, you may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we delete your personal data, to block any further processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data. There are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and in those circumstances we may refuse to deal with your request.
If we are processing your personal data based upon your consent (e.g. as part of our marketing or promotional activities), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you require any further information about your right to rectification, erasure, restriction of or object to processing or you wish to withdraw your consent please contact Transmaster Ltd at privacy@Transmaster.co.uk.
If changes to the Transmaster Ltd Data Protection Policy (and hence this Privacy Notice) include any significantly different use of your personal data, we will let you know and give you the option to agree to the new use.